UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer waidcsuf
Observer

Vivado 2018.2 Simulations ignore hdl changes. Have to delete the sim files before Vivado will recognize there has been an hdl update.

Vivado simulations will on occasion stop using my latest saved HDL and only simulations from the hdl used for the last run sim.  Ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: Vivado 2018.2 Simulations ignore hdl changes. Have to delete the sim files before Vivado will recognize there has been an hdl update.

cache corruption, ?
close vivado, delete the cache folders , re start.
are the files on a network drive ? try moving them to your local drive.
0 Kudos
Observer waidcsuf
Observer

Re: Vivado 2018.2 Simulations ignore hdl changes. Have to delete the sim files before Vivado will recognize there has been an hdl update.

I am not exactly which files need to be deleted but as you can see in my inquiry I do have to delete files before I can run the sim with my updated HDL.  I don't delete or remove my HDL from the project, I only delete the Vivado created sim files.  Is this what you mean by "delete the cache folders"?  I am being forced to do this often. 1-2 times a day.  The files are all local to my machine.  Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

make certain you do not have vivado open when you delete,
look in the folder, and you sill see a cache folder to delete
0 Kudos