UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor dkendrick
Visitor

Vivado Simulator - How do I avoid analyzing the entire project for each simulation run?

I recently switched over from ISE to Vivado, and one issue I am having is with the amount of time it takes to simulate a small testbench. I have created a testbench using only a few small modules, but whenever I make a change to any of these modules and run a new behavioral simulation I have to wait 10-15 minutes while it analyzes the entire in the project. Is there a way I can set the simulator to only consider the modules included in my top level testbench?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

Re: Vivado Simulator - How do I avoid analyzing the entire project for each simulation run?

that is rather long, very long ... my functional simulations take only a few seconds, max 10 in general. No idea how long your stimuli are, but this looks strange to me. Can you share a simple example that takes a few minutes? Is it functional simulation?

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos

Re: Vivado Simulator - How do I avoid analyzing the entire project for each simulation run?

Hi @dkendrick

>>but whenever I make a change to any of these modules and run a new behavioral simulation I have to wait 10-15 minutes while it analyzes the entire in the project

Did you try relaunch simulation  which recompiles the entire design and creates a new simulation snapshot when you make changes to your design? Refer below link, page 47:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug937-vivado-design-suite-simulation-tutorial.pdf

>>Is there a way I can set the simulator to only consider the modules included in my top level testbench?

Try tcl mode  to compile and simulate  the testbench which instantiate the required modules. You can refer the above link for the commands.

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos