UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado can't find Questasim

Hello all,

I can't find a solution to this. I've set all the paths in the GUI for Vivado to find Questasim. I'm sure its there, I can source the QuestaSim environment and call Vsim. I can even launch a simulation from Vivado for a simple adder, but I can't get the simulation libraries to compile.

Here's the tcl call that vivado generates:

compile_simlib -simulator questa -simulator_exec_path {/media/me/HDD/QUESTA-CORE-PRIME_10.5c-4/questasim/bin} -family virtex7 -family virtexuplus -family zynquplus -language all -library all -dir {/media/me/HDD/QUESTA-CORE-PRIME_10.5c-4}

And the resulting error:

ERROR: [Vivado 12-3754] Failed to find the 'questasim' simulator executable. Make sure to set the 'questasim' installation environment and retry this command to compile the libraries for this simulator. For more information on tool setup refer 'questasim' user guide

I've tried other directories as well, such as:

/media/me/HDD/QUESTA-CORE-PRIME_10.5c-4/questasim/

/media/me/HDD/QUESTA-CORE-PRIME_10.5c-4/

/media/me/HDD/QUESTA-CORE-PRIME_10.5c-4/questasim/linux_x86_64

/media/me/HDD/QUESTA-CORE-PRIME_10.5c-4/questasim/linux

I get the same results. Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Vivado can't find Questasim

Hi @bandit,

You can try " which vsim "command in terminal to get the path of vsim executables and point that path in the compile_simlib command.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello,

I'd done that, it was one of the paths I tried.

Regards

0 Kudos

HI @bandit,

Can you once please try setting the environment variable in terminal an invoke vivado for compiling simulation libraries from the same terminal itself?

setenv PATH /media/me/HDD/QUESTA-CORE-PRIME_10.5c-4/questasim/linux_x86_64/:${PATH}

0 Kudos