cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsuh6
Observer
Observer

(Vivado2020.2 bug) compile_simlib keep taking wrong gcc compiler even with the right "-gcc_exec_path" option.

Jump to solution

Hi,

While I am trying to compile Xilinx IPs for the third party simulator, in my case Cadence Xcelium, I came across this bug that Vivado keep choosing system's kernel compiler which is located at /usr/bin/

So far, I set the environment PATH to have Xcelium's gcc compiler comes first in the list,

and also tried 64-bit version of Xcelium's gcc compiler to be selected by giving "-gcc_exec_path" to point that compiler.

Nothing so far was successful.

I attached a detailed cxl_error.log and screenshot where the Vivado takes wrong compiler in the process.

It's failing to compile 8 IPs and they are all related to the processing system I think. ( or systemc related IPs )

The other file, named "error_log_in_terminal" is what I got while I am running compile_simlib.

Could you look into this and let me know how to get around this bug?

Best, 

Hsuh

error in tcl.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hsuh6
Observer
Observer

Think this is just a bug. GCC version reports the version of kernel compiler as you can see in the above screenshot, but it looks like the right compiler is called in the actual compile_simlib process.

I am going to close the post due to inactivity.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
hsuh6
Observer
Observer

Think this is just a bug. GCC version reports the version of kernel compiler as you can see in the above screenshot, but it looks like the right compiler is called in the actual compile_simlib process.

I am going to close the post due to inactivity.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos