cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Why can't I select QuestaSim in XPS 13.3?

When launching 'compxlib', I can select QuestaSim in the options and compile the libraries. However, XPS does not seem to detect the simulation settings.

When starting the HDL simulation compiler from XPS itself, all but "ModelSim" is disabled. Since I do not have ModelSim, the program refuses to continue the compilation.

Why does XPS seem to disable the other simulation programs if compxlib itself seems to support them just fine?

Edit: this seem a regression from 12.3 and before: unsetting XILINX_EDK in the environment before running XPS suddenly enables the other options in both the XPS preferences and the 'compxlib' window (when launched from within XPS).

Original answer: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/38570.htm

Note: I can currently compile for QuestaSim, I have not yet been able to test if the simulation actually works

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Why can't I select QuestaSim in XPS 13.3?

Hi,

There was a known issue earlier. Please try the following suggestions as mentioned in this link

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/39449.htm

Let us know if this works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

The issue you linked deals with setting the path of QuestaSim. As I described, XPS has *disabled* all options in the Edit -> Preferences panel. Everything but ModelSim is greyed out and can not be selected.

The issue I linked is actually the same: 13.3 has the same regression (or at least the same behaviour and work-around) as 12.3: unsetting the XILINX_EDK environment variable does the trick.

Ergo, this is a bug in 13.3.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Has this been fixed yet? I think I have a similar problem using Modelsim DE.

I am unable to select any simulator other than ISIM.

Cyberwizzard - did you ever get any closure on this from Xilinx?

Andy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

No, but since I now have it all set up, I do not know if it got fixed in a newer version.

I believe the work-around still works: unset the environment variable...

0 Kudos