UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

XSIM62 - elaborate failed - Please check that the file has the correct 'read/write/execute' permissions

I am using Vicado 2018.2

Implementation passes. I try Post implementation functional simulation.

It fails with the following message -

[USF-XSim-62] 'elaborate' step failed with error(s) while executing '/home/saiuser/Documents/BhawandeepSIngh/XilinxVivado/VivadoProjs/shared_prach_verification/Latest_UL_DL_RTL/UL/UL_integration/UL_integration.sim/sim_1/impl/func/xsim/elaborate.sh' script. Please check that the file has the correct 'read/write/execute' permissions and the Tcl console output for any other possible errors or warnings.

Some other threads say some signal might be undeclared in testbench. Is there no  way I can get a message that tells me line number and/or signal name that is causing this issue.

Also, this only happens 9/10 times (with same code). 1/10 times the simulation launches - it happens sometimes if i clear /tmp directory before launching simulation

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: XSIM62 - elaborate failed - Please check that the file has the correct 'read/write/execute' permissions

Hi @bhawandeepsingh,

As you are able to launch simulation 1 outof 10 times, I don't think it might be a permission issue as mentioned in the error.

Have you tried running the behavioral simulation? Are you facing the same error in Behavioural simulation too?

Can you try deleting the xsim.dir folder present under the .sim/sim_1/impl/func/xsim directory and then run simulation again ?

0 Kudos