cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

XVHDL Error opening file

I'm trying to use xvhdl to do a manual simulation, however, I'm having issues when I try to specify a different work directory.

This command does work:

C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.2\bin\xvhdl.bat C:\project_source_directory\lang.vhd -2008 -work lang_lib

However, as soon as I specify the work directory:

C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.2\bin\xvhdl.bat C:\project_source_directory\lang.vhd -2008 -work lang_lib=C:\project_sim_directory\lang_lib

I get this error:

ERROR: [Common 17-1288] File 'C:/project_sim_directory/lang_lib' cannot be opened for read

The folder exists already (if it didn't, xvhdl would throw a different error). Even if I specify the same xsim.dir directory name as what is created in the first command, I get the same error.

Any suggestions on what I could be doing incorrectly?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: XVHDL Error opening file

Hi @jaklapel

Looks like 'lang_lib' is not a folder but library name itself as mentioned in the command. Hence i believe the error.

Can you try the below command:

C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.2\bin\xvhdl.bat C:\project_source_directory\lang.vhd -2008 -work lang_lib=C:\project_sim_directory

Regards

Rohit 

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @jaklapel,

Can you please check if you have required read permissions to the below directory path:

C:\project_sim_directory\lang_lib or C:\xsim.dir\lang_lib

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I would to reopen this forum.

I have the same problem and have the permission to write at the target directory, but the Xsim log the following error:

ERROR: [Common 17-1288] File 'C:/Users/fepires/Downloads/vunit-xsim-rebase-v2/examples/vhdl/xsim-test/libraries' cannot be opened for read
Tags (1)
0 Kudos