UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer yongbyb2000
Observer

can vivado generate verilog IPCORE simulation file?

Jump to solution

I use vivado generate 3 IPcore in my project, one is PLL, one is FIFO,one is RAM,but when i want to simulate my project i found the PLL files are verilog and the others are VHDL. I choose verilog language in my project, can I generate all IPcore in verilog language? how can i do it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: can vivado generate verilog IPCORE simulation file?

Jump to solution

Hi @yongbyb2000

In Vivado 2015.3, 2015.4 the FIFO generator, block memory generator IP's deliver only VHDL simulation model irrespective of project settings. We are planning to deliver verilog model in our upcoming release vivado 2016.1. 

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @yongbyb2000

In Vivado 2015.3, 2015.4 the FIFO generator, block memory generator IP's deliver only VHDL simulation model irrespective of project settings. We are planning to deliver verilog model in our upcoming release vivado 2016.1. 

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Observer yongbyb2000
Observer

Jump to solution
OK,thanks
0 Kudos
Newbie vijayxilinx

Jump to solution

Hi Deepika,

Iam using Vivado v2016.3 (64-bit), but still iam not able to get verilog simulation files.

I have generated native FIFO and opened IP example design.

Simulation files in the Example Design are all vhdl files, and not sure how to generate verilog files.

Still there is no support for verilog in v2016.3?

Regards

Sunil Kumar

0 Kudos
Newbie vijayxilinx

Jump to solution

Hi Deepika,

I have generated native FIFO and opened IP example design.

All the source files were VHDL files.

Iam using Vivado v2016.3 (64-bit), iam not able to get verilog source files.

Also the simulation files in the Example Design are all vhdl files, and not sure how to generate verilog files.

Still there is no support for verilog in v2016.3?

Regards

Sunil Kumar

0 Kudos