UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant verilog_bee
Participant

hello world microblaze system simulation in vivado simulator

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am a beginner at Xilinx (Vivado). I am facing some issues in "hello world" SDK simulation in Vivado simulator with very basic MicroBlaze system. I have followed every step of the document "embedded debugging techniques", but unable to see a print of "Hello world" at output console in Vivado simulator.

Attached are some screenshot of Vivado project & simulation waveform & an OBJ dump file as discussed in a document for MicroBlaze.

I also followed some of the threads from Community Forums as mentioned below but not got succeeded :

1.Simulation of Microblaze based system with Vivado simulator.

2. "Hello world" with Microblaze does not display in the console the message "hello world" Nexys ddr4.

Please guide me how I will get the expected output.

Please feel free if any further information required.    

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Participant verilog_bee
Participant

Re: hello world microblaze system simulation in vivado simulator

Jump to solution

Greetings,

Thanks for a quick response.

I followed suggested document(https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1180.pdf) still hello world is not printed on Tcl console(Vivado simulator).

Generated testbench with command :  tclapp::xilinx::designutils::write_ip_integrator_testbench - verilog -addToProject.

Is there any settings needs to be done in SDK ? 

do we need to initialise uartlite? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @verilog_bee,

Please check this tutorial and hello world simulation with micro blaze:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1180.pdf

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Participant verilog_bee
Participant

Jump to solution

Greetings,

Thanks for a quick response.

I followed suggested document(https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1180.pdf) still hello world is not printed on Tcl console(Vivado simulator).

Generated testbench with command :  tclapp::xilinx::designutils::write_ip_integrator_testbench - verilog -addToProject.

Is there any settings needs to be done in SDK ? 

do we need to initialise uartlite? 

0 Kudos
Participant verilog_bee
Participant

Jump to solution

Greetings,

During your response time for my post, I have used "base_microblaze" design example where I have seen a testbench that has a UART receiver.

so data sent by UARTLITE CORE captured by this receiver & displayed on TCL console in Vivado simulator. 

do I every time need this receiver for the output of "hello world" in a Viavdo simulator for SDK application simulation ????

Looking for your prompt response.........

0 Kudos
Participant verilog_bee
Participant

Jump to solution

Very disappointed due to slow response

0 Kudos