cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

ldpc library cannot be compiled in Vivado 2018.2 with ModelSim DE 10.6c

I am trying to generate libraries using the recommended ModelSim DE version, 10.6c, on Vivado 2018.2 release notes, but I get the following error:

** Error: /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/data/ip/xilinx/ldpc_v2_0/hdl/ldpc_v2_0_rfs.sv(64): in protected region
** Error: /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/data/ip/xilinx/ldpc_v2_0/hdl/ldpc_v2_0_rfs.sv(64): in protected region

I have already checked:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/Failed-to-compile-libraries-for-Modelsim-10-6b-with-Vivado-2017/m-p/822007/highlight/true#M20686

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/Vivado-2017-3-IP-Libraries-have-an-issue-when-compiling-for/m-p/820595/highlight/true#M20608

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/Vivado-2017-3-IP-Libraries-have-an-issue-when-compiling-for/m-p/821271#M20642

And none of the proposed solutions work (error supression on modelsim.ini, -novopt is not present). The full cxl_error.log is attached.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: ldpc library cannot be compiled in Vivado 2018.2 with ModelSim DE 10.6c

Hi @hw_42,

I ran the compilation in ModelSim 10.6c with 2018.2 and didn't see the same issue.

I only have access to the SE version so this may have made a difference, I have attached the log file

The command that I used was:

compile_simlib -simulator modelsim -simulator_exec_path {/tools/gensys/modelsim/10.6c/linux_x86_64} -family all -language all -library all -dir {/home/amaccre/compile_simlib/10_6c}

On Linux, ModelSim DE runs as a 32-bit binary only (even on 64-bit Linux). 

Can you please try to add -32bit switch to compile_simlib and see if it allows compilation to proceed?

Best Regards

Aidan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

@amaccreThis problem happened with the -32bit switch activated. ModelSim does not support 64-bit libraries, everything fails without the -32bit switch.

I have tested with the SE edition and there are no errors. It seems to be specific to the DE edition.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @hw_42,

Thanks for letting me know, I will bring this to the attention of the factory and ask them to check it in the DE version.

I'll keep you updated once I hear back.

Best Regards
Aidan

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users