Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jw_l3harris
Observer
Observer

ncvhdl_p: *E,MULVLG Error when trying to simulate native FIFO

Jump to solution

I am receiving the following error in NCSIM when compiling a VHDL testbench that includes a FIFO IP source, which is the unencrypted Verilog file in the IP simulation dir. Opening the verilog file I only see one module. Not sure where it is seeing two of them from. I am including the unisims, unimacro, and glbl libraries in my irun command per AR# 56713.

ncvhdl_p: *E,MULVLG (..//tb/tb_rx25g_neo.vhd,392|35): Multiple Options for Binding Specified Verilog Unit (worklib.fifo_async_22x32_dist):
worklib.fifo_async_22x32_dist:module
worklib.fifo_async_22x32_dist:v

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
graces

What source files did you compile for the FIFO IP?

I'd suggest that you run export_simulation Tcl command for the IP in Vivado. This will export a simulation script based on the target simulator specified. You can then integrate the compile/elaborate commands to your custom script.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
graces

What source files did you compile for the FIFO IP?

I'd suggest that you run export_simulation Tcl command for the IP in Vivado. This will export a simulation script based on the target simulator specified. You can then integrate the compile/elaborate commands to your custom script.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.

View solution in original post

jw_l3harris
Observer
Observer

Thanks, generated the scripts as you suggested, I will look through them.

0 Kudos
jw_l3harris
Observer
Observer
Able to get working using by viewing the generated scripts from the export_simulation command and updating my bash script. Thanks.
0 Kudos