Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

questasim simulation does not update after recompiling a single file

Jump to solution

I am using vivado 2015.1 and questasim SE 64 10.0c.

When I make a change in testbench and recompile it in  xil_defaultlib, waveform does not reflect change unless I close questasim and restart simulation. 

I was using this feature till yesterday. But today made a new project and facing this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

@nagabhar : ofcourse I am restarting sim. 

I made another project and same thing was happening to it. Then I was archiving to send it to you. After archiving the project, my problem solved magically. Incremental synthesis startrted working. May be it is vivado's bug.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
did you try "clean up simulation" option?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI @a4speaker

Do you mean to say , you are facing this issue only for one project?
can  you please archive your project and  attach it here ( go to FIle-> Archive project)
Note: Make sure that "include configuration settings" is checked

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @a4speaker

restart will restart a simulation, with any recompiled code brought in.

If you recompile a library, you will have to recompile all of the files that use that library.

Can you please try using the supported version of Questasim with Vivado 2015.1 i.e Questasim 10.3d or later?

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

@venkata : yes that option is checked.

@nagabhar : I was using this feature for a long time. Then suddenly I made a new project and it is not working. I made a second project with same project files...it is still not working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @a4speaker

Was it working with same tool versions of Vivado & Questa? If yes, this issue could be intermittent.

Try and see with other machines (if you have) to rule out machine specific issues.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI @a4speaker

If the issue persists even with supported version of Questa (10.3d),
Can you please attach test project archive here so that we can check if it happenning .
Note:After Recompiling the testbench/ HDL files. You have to  Click on restart button and then run the simulation.
Untitled.png

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @a4speaker

To add, Vivado & Questa are two separate entities and the changes done in Vivado side will not take effect if you dont compile, elaborate and simulate from Questa side.

Thanks,Vijay
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

@nagabhar : ofcourse I am restarting sim. 

I made another project and same thing was happening to it. Then I was archiving to send it to you. After archiving the project, my problem solved magically. Incremental synthesis startrted working. May be it is vivado's bug.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos