UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

vivado simulator 2016.1 timing scale

Hi, 

Is Vivado simulator able to run in the resolution of fs? 

I don't mean just to display the resolution on the waveform window. I mean if it can truly run in that resolution?

For example, I have two clocks in my testbench with the following clock frequencies:

clock1 => 93.985 ps
clock2 => 93.976 ps

But it doesn't seem that the simulator can understand the offset between these two clocks !!

I don't see any difference in the period between clock1 and clock2, when I look at the waveform, but surely there is a difference.

By the way, yes, I understand that it is a super fast clock, and I have no intention of running such a high clock in the real design, but I am bench marking some characteristics, and I would need to see both clocks, to their correct resolution.

Any idea, how can this be accomplished?

Thanks, 

--Rudy 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: vivado simulator 2016.1 timing scale

Hi @rudy,

You might need to change the timescale configuration for xsim. I am not sure how it is done in VHDL but I would try adding the option vhdl time precision to 1fs in the xsim setting as per this topic:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/Change-time-resolution-in-ISim-14-3/td-p/281394

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos