UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer zubinkumar
Observer

xilinx ISE 10.1 IP core libraries for modelsim PE 10.1 ...

Hi,

I was installing full version of modelsim PE 10.1 (to work with ISE 10.1) on my machine. When I complile my code and launch modelsim, I get an error message saying - cannot load design unit "xilinxcorelib.mult_gen_v10_1".

I checked the library tree (in which I had some old modelsim xilinx libraries, from a previous installation), and the library structure actually does not have mult_gen_v10_1.

I was wondering if I can get this library (and others) for modelsim PE 10.1 online? Where might they be available for download? Any other way of acquiring them?

Thanks and regards.

Z.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: xilinx ISE 10.1 IP core libraries for modelsim PE 10.1 ...

You need to compile the Xilinx simulation libraries for Modelsim with 'compxlib' utility.

Please refer to Chapter 27 "COMPXLIB" in the following reference guide.

http://www.xilinx.com/itp/xilinx10/books/docs/dev/dev.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Observer zubinkumar
Observer

Hi,

Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I was able to compile the libraries and import it to modelsim folder and it worked. 

But what I had done was - compile the libraries, copy them to modelsim, and in the library window, I simply right clicked and added a new library, with a new name and pointed that name to the library from compxlib. This worked for me once and I was able to simulate my design. But when I restart the simulator, the libraries vanish and I need to add all the libs again.

What is the proper and more permanent way of adding the compxlibs to the modelsim library tree?

Thanks and regards,

Z. 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

In the directory where you launch "compxlib", you'll find modelsim.ini which contains pre-compiled library mappings.

e.g

secureip = C:\sim_libs\mti_se_10.1a_14_1/secureip
unisim = C:\sim_libs\mti_se_10.1a_14_1/unisim
unimacro = C:\sim_libs\mti_se_10.1a_14_1/unimacro
unisims_ver = C:\sim_libs\mti_se_10.1a_14_1/unisims_ver
unimacro_ver = C:\sim_libs\mti_se_10.1a_14_1/unimacro_ver
simprim = C:\sim_libs\mti_se_10.1a_14_1/simprim
simprims_ver = C:\sim_libs\mti_se_10.1a_14_1/simprims_ver
xilinxcorelib = C:\sim_libs\mti_se_10.1a_14_1/xilinxcorelib
xilinxcorelib_ver = C:\sim_libs\mti_se_10.1a_14_1/xilinxcorelib_ver

You can copy this configuration file to Modelsim installation directory and replace the default one, which only includes standard library mappings.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

Hello,

When compxlib is run, it will create/update a modelsim.ini file which will contain mappings to the various libraries. The modelsim.ini file will be created in the directory that you run compxlib from unless the $MODELSIM variable is defined, in which case the modelsim.ini file in that location will be updated with the new library information. When you run modelsim, you want to make sure that this new/updated modelsim.ini file is used to have the libraries mapped. Modelsim will look in the $MODELSIM directory first then the directory from which modelsim was launched.

OK, hope this helps ...

0 Kudos