UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor alpha_tayyab
Visitor

How to GIVE 12 AUDIO Inputs to Computer Simulataneously through Micro controller/PIC/FPGA

HI EVERY ONE
i m makin gy FINAL YEAR PROJECT
named as GUN FIRE DETECTION SYTEM or SPOT FINDER

well i have choosen a 25ft * 25 ft area, and place 12 MICs at distances...

well i throw any fire cracker for producing a sound/noice
so each mic can detect voice and send data to PIC/microcontroller,,
in PIC/MULTIPLEXER , data is MULTIPLEXED to 1 signal, and this signal GOES to PC via serail port or MIC input @ MATLAB or LABVIEW

in LAB VIEW/AMTLAB, 12 signal will be recieved after DE MULTI PLEXING

Now I have seperate the 4 signals having HIGHT VALUES, then i put ALGO, or calculate the distance or SPOT according to the sound intensity in EACH MIC!!!

now the PROBLEM i m facing is that how i send 12 audio signals simultaneously to COMPUTER????
either i use PIC or Multiplexer of DSP KIT or FPGA????

if any one had idea about it, then he must reply the post

Or can any body do me a favor, and write about the CODE so that i can perform it VIA FPGA, SPARTEN FPGA/z are availible in our universty, so i aspect some help from some body
i shall be thankfull to him

waiting

M.TAYYAB

BLOCK DIAGRAM in GOOD QUALITY AT
http://depositfiles.com/files/q0uvxstc3

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to GIVE 12 AUDIO Inputs to Computer Simulataneously through Micro controller/PIC/FPGA

Is your project to:

a) develop this yourself

b) locate someone to do all of the work for you, download the bitstream, and then throw the firecracker

I can undestand looking for suggestions, but the "do me a favor and write the code" seems a little over the top.

bt

0 Kudos

Re: How to GIVE 12 AUDIO Inputs to Computer Simulataneously through Micro controller/PIC/FPGA

I found your post rude and arrogant, I'm not prepared to offer you any help.  Good luck with finding someone to do your project for you, I only hope your teaches spot what your up to. 

This forum is used by engineers who help one another, not by arrogant little boys demanding to get their homework done!

Bobster

Visitor alpha_tayyab
Visitor

first of all i clear that it is my final year project, and my future depend on this project

so no cheating possible

2nd of all i want to clear that, i m not asking some one to make ma whole project, i just want to get IDEA that is this project is possible with the help of FPGA, or if any one having better idea to give 12 input to computer simultaneously, then he just give me hint...

thats all i want

THANKS

TAYYAB

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

alpha_tayyab wrote:

first of all i clear that it is my final year project, and my future depend on this project

Your future might be in a different field.

so no cheating possible

Asking people in a forum  to do your work is cheating.

2nd of all i want to clear that, i m not asking some one to make ma whole project, i just want to get IDEA that is this project is possible with the help of FPGA, or if any one having better idea to give 12 input to computer simultaneously, then he just give me hint...

thats all i want

THANKS

TAYYAB

Your project is rather complicated and you might wish to consider something a lot simpler.

-a

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Visitor alpha_tayyab
Visitor

Hi
i get new idea about givieng multi inputs to computer
well can i use PARALLEL port of computer, as it can tak 13 inputs at same time???
can any one have any idea about this????
0 Kudos