UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer dguisinger
Observer

Spartan 6 GTP Filters

I've been reading the Spartan 6 LXT series GTP guide.

I've noticed the power supply requirements seem to have eased up over the Virtex-5 and I'm looking for some verification.

The difference I am seeing is the power supply filters.

The bypass caps are in the GTP guide, but the inductors on each pin are gone.  This would greatly simplify the routing in areas of the board that are already crowded.  Is this a mistake in the guide?  Or can I really get by with not having these as part of the filters?

Thanks,

Dan 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Spartan 6 GTP Filters

Yes, the power supply requirements have been relaxed, but you still need to pay close attention to the noise levels of the MGT power supplies as it will directly impact the performance.
------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Observer dguisinger
Observer

Re: Spartan 6 GTP Filters

Thanks.

Out of the different supply pins, are there any you would recommend leaving the V5 style filtering on for extra stability?

0 Kudos