UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor lnguyen1
Visitor

Spartan 6 Starter kit SP605 FGG484LX45T - LVDS interface pins out

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am very new to FPGA. I have some basic question about FPGA connections. 

I am trying to read data output from a Time-to-digital converter chip (TDC-GPX2) via LVDS interface. I already bought Spartan 6 starter kit SP605. I plan to connect output pins (LVDS signals) from the TDC chip to the FPGA via FMC card (ug537). I thought FMC will allow me to access all pins on this FPGA.

From what I read in Spartan 6 I/O Resources, LVDS input can be used from any banks and LVDS outputs only from bank 0 and bank 2.  When I look at pins on bank 0 and 2 in document Spartan 6 Packaging and Pinouts ( ug385), I did not see any pins matched with any pins on FMC connector. I am very confused right now. How do I know which pins on FMC card belong to which banks so I can connect accordingly. Any help/hints will be great. Thank you.

Lac

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Re: Spartan 6 Starter kit SP605 FGG484LX45T - LVDS interface pins out

Jump to solution

@lnguyen1  The mapping from FPGA to FMC is done by the board documentation. See page 54 here

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug526.pdf

UG385 refers to the FPGA chip alone.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
2 Replies
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Jump to solution

@lnguyen1  The mapping from FPGA to FMC is done by the board documentation. See page 54 here

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug526.pdf

UG385 refers to the FPGA chip alone.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
Visitor lnguyen1
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for saving my life!! Appreciate a lot!!