Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

USB Controller on Spartan 3A 3400

hi,

I am a newbie in FPGAz, so please dont mind my question.

>

I am using Spartan 3A 3400 board which has a Cypress CY7C67300 USB controller on it. I am using XPS 10.1.03 .

>

1. I want to know that if i want to use usb port for the output , will I need a USB IP core from IP catalog i.e (USB 2.0 Device) to connect this IC with microblaze   or    i have to develop some controller myself ? and how?

>

2.  Please tell me if there is some reference design related to this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

There is a reference system which connects to Cypress USB controller chip on ML505.

This is connected using XPS_EPC and not XPS_USB2 core.

ml505_bsb_std_ip_usb.zip

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/ml505/ml505_10.1_1/bsb.htm

Thnx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanx for the help ,

that example is for connecting keyboard to the FPGA , but still i didn't found any example where USB port is utilized for outputting the data.

Please tell me if i want to use the example of usb for outputting the data, will i only have to create my own user application using the API documentation of XPS_EPC core  and add it in softwares in application tab ??

OR

I have to do something else?

please help!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

@shehryar88 wrote:

Thanx for the help ,

that example is for connecting keyboard to the FPGA , but still i didn't found any example where USB port is utilized for outputting the data.

Please tell me if i want to use the example of usb for outputting the data, will i only have to create my own user application using the API documentation of XPS_EPC core  and add it in softwares in application tab ??

OR

I have to do something else?

please help!!

You might wish to read up on how USB actually works.

You need to define a device class for your design. The device class then determines how data are formatted for transfer over the bus. Further, you may need a host device driver if your operating system doesn't have one for the chosen device class.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Where can i find please the XPS EPC IP Core for the ML605 ?
0 Kudos