UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Using Cache addressible range as shared memory

Hello,

I was using LPDDR IC to load bss segment of application in xilinx SDK. I enabled cache in microblaze configuration in the address range for LPDDR for reduced execution time. The application was successfullly running at 20us. Now I am using same LPDDR memory's one portion as shared memory between SDK and VHDL code (using MPMC controller) and writing to LPDDR in address range not used by SDK application bss. I am reading out data written from VHDL side at SDK side and is getting only zero read. The cache is enabled and I am getting same execution time 20us (this time is critical) but the data is read out false. How can I make it correct? When I did not enable cache I got correct data read with same SDK and VHDL code but my execution time of SDK is so high which is not acceptable. Also people at my place insist in using LPDDR (not BRAM) as we have huge chunks of data. BRAM can be configured in spartan 6 for memory size of 64 KB or something only. My LPDDR size is 64MB.Please help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Using Cache addressible range as shared memory

Hello,

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Using Cache addressible range as shared memory

Hello,

Finally I decided touse BRAM as shared memory.

0 Kudos