UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor yase
Visitor

Xilinx MIG on Spartan-3 FPGA

Hi All,

I have recently brought a Spartan-3 FPGA Board with a DDR SODIMM interface. I am trying to use Xilinx MIG to controll the DDR memory.

The problem is, the ddr pins on the board that I have purchased does not comply with the I/O banking rules of the MIG (top and bottom or left and right). Will it be ok, if I just disregard the I/O Banking rules of the MIG and modified the ucf to match the pin-out of my board?

Also, is there any example for vhdl user application for the Spartan DDR memory controller generated by MIG 1.72. I still find it a bit hard to write the user application  ;-( .

Thank you very much!

Regards,
ymm
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor jacobusn
Visitor

Re: Xilinx MIG on Spartan-3 FPGA

Hi,

No you can't just change the pin-out. The Spartan-3 controllers generated by MIG uses a template router and if you change the outputs the routing delays won't be correct anymore. You can get more information here and here:

As for a example vhdl user application, someone else might be able to help you with that.

Jaco
0 Kudos
Visitor yase
Visitor

Re: Xilinx MIG on Spartan-3 FPGA

Hi,

Thank for the response.

I realised that the hardware that im using utilized the top and left bank for the DDR data pins. Xilinx MIG only generates core for top/bottom or left/right banks. I am wondering if there is any patch or way to make xilinx MIG to generate ucf for top/left bank?

Thank you very much.

ymm
0 Kudos