UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie mhi_rocqerz

vhdl source code for fire detection/fire alarm system for high rise building

hello,can anyone give me the vhdl source code of fire detection system/fire alarm system especially for high rise building?

This is among the requirement :-

according to my "fire detection system for tall building" project by using Spartan 3E FPGA, the vhdl program need to include all of dis specification:-
First of all, we 'll put sensor/smoke detector each floor in the tall building.
1) alarm 'll activated if the sensor/smoke detector sense a fire
2)at the same time, the actuator will activate in order to control such a elevator and any other machines in the building.
3)the controller will display which floor caught by fire and the sensor/smoke detector initial or current temperature.
4)If there is false alarm, we can stop it by push the 'reset' button .

Hopefully u will help me in order to design the program....PLZZ....

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: vhdl source code for fire detection/fire alarm system for high rise building

main.vhd:

library ieee;
use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
use work.homeworkcheat_pkg.all;

entity alarm_system is
  port (
    clk: in  std_logic;
    rst: in  std_logic;
    sensor: in std_logic_vector (5 downto 0);
    alarm: out std_logic;
    actuator: out_std_logic;
    display: out std_logic_vector (7 downto 0)
  );

architecture rtl of alarm_system is

begin
   process (clk, rst) begin
     if (rising_edge(clk)) then
       if (rst = '1') then
         alarm <=  '0';
         actuator <=  '0';
         display <= (others => '0');
       else
         alarm <= alarm_f(sensor);
         actuator <= actuator_f(sensor);
         display <= display_f(sensor);
       end if;
     end if;
   end process;
end architecture;

homeworkcheat_pkg.vhd:
== Cuius rei demonstrationem mirabilem sane detexi. Hanc marginis exiguitas non caperet.
== http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/message?board.id=ISE&thread.id=2323

0 Kudos
Newbie mhi_rocqerz

Re: vhdl source code for fire detection/fire alarm system for high rise building

could u describe or give any explaination/description by point or graphic (flow chart) of ur above design?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I wouldn't put too much stock in the design above:

-it lacks any concept of a state variable implementation

-it apparently was not 100% successful with its intended tounge-in-cheek style

See the URL provided above from more explanation.

bt

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you are interested in learning more about the design considerations for an elevator system, you may find this useful:

http://courseware.ee.calpoly.edu/courseware/ee319/notess98.html (Notes on the evelator problem)

But again, I suspect nobody here wants to do anyone's homework. You may get some valid input if you:

-reviewed the problem

-thought about possible implementations

-attempted a design

-asked a few specific questions on issues

That is completely different than walking into a forum intended for user interaction and expecting someone to hand you a working solution with no effort on your part.

These type of problems, while contrived, usually exist for a reason - such as developing problem solving skills and weeding out those unwilling or unable to do the required work.

bt

0 Kudos
Visitor nervoss
Visitor

Hello,

My name is Irinel. I am from Romania, student of UPG PLoiesti university. I need a project in Vhdl to commnad an ascensor(elevator). 

Please help me! i don't have time to work a lot in vhdl because of my job and i need this project to be addmited on to exam. it don't have to be fully functional, just to be.

thank you!

if you  can mail me, the mail is: irinel.neagoe@conpet.ro 

King regards,

Irinel

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I suspect we all have busy lives and things we would like with little effort.

Please reread my previous post above on why you are unlikely to get the help you are looking for.

bt

0 Kudos
Visitor nervoss
Visitor

I'm not interesed to learn VHDL. It's necessary to have a project in school. Because of these 2 fats I asked if somebody has a project already made.

If there is nobody who has made this project, that is. 

King regards,

Irinel

0 Kudos