UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant fhknapp44
Participant

ISE14.7 MAP problem

The target device is a XC3S700AN in FGG484 package.Programing is "boot from internal". I use schematic input as that is easier for me. I am getting an very confusing error message from the MAP function. I have a I/O bus (16 bits) and single ended control signal. At first I was getting the additional verbiage of "Further explanation:" and :Summary": but after changing pin assignments if that would give me a clue as to what is going on, the system is not generating that verbiage,

The ERROR message Summery was :

Summary:

Symbols involved:

BUF symbol "XLXI_304/IBUF" (Output Signal = W_BUSB<14>)

TBUF symbol "XLXI_304/OBUFT" (Control Signal = notXRD)

PAD symbol "XD_14" (Pad Signal = XD_14)

Component type involved: IOB

Site Location involved: H18

Site Type involved: DIFFSI_NDT

' W_BUSB<14>' is assigned to pad H18, XLXI_559 and signal 'notXRD' is assigned to pad B17, XLXI_304.

The mystery is how 'notXRD' got involved and how do I handle this?

I tried re-assigning pad H18 to other pads go get the problem to expose itself but I kept getting the same Summery:. Now I don't get either the "Further explanation:" nor the "Summary".

This is very weird.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ISE14.7 MAP problem

Please share complete log file for review

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos