UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor llnn88
Visitor

Attributes in Vivado

Hello,

I am looking at some old code made for Altera and I am a bit confused.

- I have found an attribute dont_merge in the code. I know Vivado is not using the same exact attributes, the equivalent would be a dont_touch?

- At some point I had found a table describing the different attributes in VHDL and what Vivado was using? Does anyone have an idea of where it stands? I can't find it anymore.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar jmcclusk
Scholar

Re: Attributes in Vivado

Synthesis attributes can be found on page 40 of UG901.    The dont_merge attribute is obsolete now, and was used in the early days to prevent multiple drivers (registers) from being merged on high fanout nets.   It should be ignored by all Xilinx tools, so there's no need to modify your code.    But just for your information, the Xilinx equivalent of DONT_MERGE is  KEEP.   It will have pretty much the same effect.

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
0 Kudos