UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor nleclerc
Visitor

BUG - Streaming concatenation in non-assignment context

Jump to solution

Hi,

I found what I believe to be a bug in synthesis.  Using systemverilog streaming operator to reverse a vector.

The following constuct leads to an error: ([Synth 8-27] streaming concatenation in non-assignment context not supported)

assign d_w = REFLECT_INPUT?d:{<<{d}};

But if you break it in two:

assign dRev_w = {<<{d}};
assign d_w = REFLECT_INPUT?d:dRev_w;

works like a charm.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: BUG - Streaming concatenation in non-assignment context

Jump to solution
IEEE Std 1800 says: "It shall be an error to use a streaming_concatenation as an operand in an expression without first casting it to a bit-stream type" so I think Vivado is doing the right thing complaining here.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: BUG - Streaming concatenation in non-assignment context

Jump to solution
IEEE Std 1800 says: "It shall be an error to use a streaming_concatenation as an operand in an expression without first casting it to a bit-stream type" so I think Vivado is doing the right thing complaining here.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post