cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1,092 Views
Registered: ‎06-25-2019

ERROR: [Vivado 12-172] File or Directory ... axi.vhd does not exist

Jump to solution

Hi,

I added four new sources and then edited the top file to be connected with these new sources.

I did it two times with the option "Copy Sources Into Project" both ON (checked) and OFF,

Then I tried to Run Synthesis but it failed many times (whereas before adding the new sources and editing my top file Synthesis run fine). So I keep getting the same ERROR

 

[Vivado 12-172] File or Directory 'C:/long_path/myproject/myporject.runs/synth_1/sources/ethernet/axi.vhd' does not exist ["C:/long_path/myproject/build_myproject.tcl":266]

 

Ofcourse the source file axi.vhd DOES exist in the path refered. I even tried to re-create a new file and then add it to the project again, so the error message seems irrelevant.

 

And also

I get many times this error

[Common 17-55] 'set_property' expects at least one object. ["C:/long_path/myproject/build_myproject.tcl":274]

 

Finally the last two errors occuring are

[Common 17-53] User Exception: No open design. Please open an elaborated, synthesized or implemented design before executing this command.
[Project 1-581] Command stopped due to earlier errors.

How should I mitigate this one?

Thanks for any help,

Andreas

 

 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
924 Views
Registered: ‎06-25-2019

Hi @gabed 

I re-created the project from a previous state with the TCL script, then added the new sources, then updated the IP and now it works.

I did it a different folder than before,  in C:/code/myproject and the problem is solved.

Something related to the path or maybe some cache.

SOLVED.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
1,068 Views
Registered: ‎03-21-2018

Hi @andreas.vgenopoulos 

I noticed the path for your axi.vhd has a mispelling 'myporject.srcs'. Can you verify that the path is correct in your script when adding this file?


Cheers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1,024 Views
Registered: ‎06-25-2019

Hi @gabed 

The path is a dummy one I put there for simplicity, so it's a typo. The actual path is correct indeed so this misspeling is not the problem..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
994 Views
Registered: ‎03-21-2018

I'm not sure how long your file path is but if it's rather long, it could be causing the errors. Can you try shortening some of the directory names?

From this Forum:

"There is a problem with windows path lengths, where there cannot be more than 250~ characters in the path before windows gets angry."


Cheers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
984 Views
Registered: ‎06-25-2019

Hi @gabed 

The path is not that long. Even in the worst case it does not exceed 207 characters.

Also I tried running from another location "C:/myproject" and I still have the same error.

Do you need any log file to check that?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
980 Views
Registered: ‎03-21-2018

Please send the log file.


Cheers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
925 Views
Registered: ‎06-25-2019

Hi @gabed 

I re-created the project from a previous state with the TCL script, then added the new sources, then updated the IP and now it works.

I did it a different folder than before,  in C:/code/myproject and the problem is solved.

Something related to the path or maybe some cache.

SOLVED.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos