UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

ERROR: set_property' expects at least one object.

Highlighted
Participant

ERROR: set_property' expects at least one object.

Hi,

Vivado throws out this error, which I have no clue which constraint and which file it is complaining about :

WARNING: [Vivado 12-818] No files matched '<path-to-file>/axis_data_fifo_0_ooc.xdc'
ERROR: [Common 17-55] 'set_property' expects at least one object.
Resolution: If [get_<value>] was used to populate the object, check to make sure this command returns at least one valid object.

What is weird is, the warning that says XDC file not found, I can see the file located exactly in the same path.  (I copied the whole path and pasted into the windows explorer address bar to confirm the file exists, and it indeed exists).

Also, all the XDC files added to the project has 'set_property' defined correctly with ' at least one object'

What could be causing this error?

Thanks

Scholar

Re: ERROR: set_property' expects at least one object.

are you using backslashes "\" in your constraint file?   Those tend not to work very well.   They should always be replaced with a forward slash.   

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.

Re: ERROR: set_property' expects at least one object.

You can try to remove the IP with the reported ooc.xdc in the design and re-generate it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------