UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voyager
Voyager

Feedback on ASYNC_REG in UG901 and UG912

Figure 3-1 of UG912 (linked to from UG901) shows a double flop for improving MTBF on asynchronous clock domain crossings.

However, @austin in this post recommends three register synchronizers, and provides great insight while doing so.

Consequently, updating figure 3-1 of UG912 would be a great way to more widely disseminate the recommendation to use three register synchronizers.  

Just a thought I thought I'd share.  Opinions may vary.   

Adaptable Processing coming to an IP address near you.
2 Replies

Re: Feedback on ASYNC_REG in UG901 and UG912

In addition, Xilinx documumentation should someplace discuss the "perfect" double-flop synchronizer found in the IDDR and described by @avrumw in <this post>.

0 Kudos
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

Re: Feedback on ASYNC_REG in UG901 and UG912

If they made their great courses a lot more cheaper, and in video format, available online, instantly and 24/7 (like it's 2018), yeah even with a monthly subscription, then we would have a lot less questions on how to get (basic) things done, and access to the latest information, on the latest Vivado version. I'm pretty sure they would have more turnover from their courses than they do now.

Take an example here, the best iOS tutorial site on the planet, started by one man a few years ago, for a price that you don't even blink an eye for.

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos