UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant brian.trotter
Participant

Generate Output Products on Remote Host

It seems that Vivado will not generate output products for IP or block designs on remote hosts, even when remote hosts is selected in the Generate Output Products dialog. This is true for any synthesis option.

To reproduce: select Generate Output Products... from the context menu of an IP or block diagram. Select Global, Out of context per IP, or Out of context per Block Diagram for the Synthesis Options. Select On remote hosts for the Run Settings. Select Generate.

The job(s) run locally and not on the remote host. Looking through the tcl, the -host option is not used. Running on a remote host does work when synthesising or implementing the project, so I know the remote host is configured correctly.

Can anyone confirm this behavior? Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I am running Vivado 2015.4.2 on ubuntu 14.04.4.

Tags (2)
2 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Generate Output Products on Remote Host

We are experiencing the same behavior in Vivado 2017.3. It looks like the issue hasn't been addressed yet. Could someone from Xilinx answer is this is a bug or a deliberate design feature?

Thanks,

Jurek

Visitor ralf.kundel
Visitor

Re: Generate Output Products on Remote Host

Same in Vivado 2017.4

0 Kudos