Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Image Enhancement video not clear

Hi,

I have developed a basic video processing system in (XC7Z020CLG400-2).Which consist of video in to AXI4-stream  ip core, Video timing controller ip core, Chroma resampler, YCbCr to RGB converter, HLS ipcore, VDMA and then AXI4- video out. Input video is taken from a video source with PAL output in 576 * 720 @ 27MHz resolution. The input video captured from the PAL Camera and is recevied by Decoder and from there 8 bit data is given into video in axi4 stream ipcore and output video is connected to video in to AXI4-stream  ip core. Output of video in to AXI4-stream is connected to VDMA and then to chroma resampler and then to YCbCr to RGB converter and then to HLS ipcore, then again to another VDMA.VTC is used to sync video timing information. Output video is given to monitor.

Here I am getting the monochrome output video but it is not clear, I am getting blocks in the output.

Please help to resolve the issue.

Thanks and regards,

Devdatt

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Image Enhancement video not clear

Can you post a picture of what you're seeing on the monitor?
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Untitled.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI @devdattbhat

Can you tell what exactly is is the functionality of HLS IP core.
Can you by pass the HLS IPm core and see if  the blocks in the output video persist?
Just an attempt to narrow down on which part of the processing chain  is causing this.

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

The HLS ipcore is a RGB to Gray converter, here we are converting RGB to Gray and using Clahe and Guassin filter.

and even I tried bypassing HLS ipcore iam getting normal video as similar to input video.

Thanks and regards,

Devdatt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI @balrajks
Devdatt,

so clearly the issue is in RGB to gray converter.
May I know why you are converting color space from Ycbcr to RGB prior to your HLS IP(GRAY converter) core? if your objective is gray conversion, wouldn't it be easier to do this by simply  taking in YCbcr  color space  video itself as HLS IP core input?(i.e output the Y part as it is and make Cb & Cr values =128). IN case your monitor needs RGB input , you can use the YCbCr2RGB converter post your gray converter core.

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

Yes, my objective is gray conversion, I have tried by removing YCbCr to RGB converter but I am getting same output video with blocks.

Thanks,

Devdatt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

The problem I am facing is in clahe, I tried all the possible steps but when I remove clahe block I am able to get image properly but once I add clahe algorithm I am finding blocks along with latency in it. Even I have tried with all possible changes that I could do in clahe algorithm, but still I am not able to remove blocks and reduce the latency.

Thanks,

Devdatt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

can anyone help me to resolve the issue. I am stuck here.

Thanks,

Devdatt

0 Kudos