cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Increasing wire delay by changing type of wire

Jump to solution

Hello,

In one of my design I want to increase wire or channel delay between two inverters in my design by selecting type of wire between them.

How this can be done. Please let me know?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

@vinayak_sasken123 the easiest option is placement, ie you can manually place the inverters far away (and fix their location) which would give you long delay because of routing. You can also try directed routing but this is more complicated.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

@vinayak_sasken123

You will need to use some custom logic to add delay between two components. Please provide more details on design spec/requirement for us to provide relevant suggestion.

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Anusheel,

I am using ring oscillator to generate clock/square wave and I have written small logic to measure frequency of this clock.

Ring oscillator design is attached to this email.

I want to add big wire between two inverters and measure the change in frequency for that purpose I want to add big wire delay between two inverters. Is there any way for it?

Regards 

29-oscillator-circuit_enable (1).png
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @vinayak_sasken123,

You can use timing constraint such as set_max_delay to guide the tool.

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

@vinayak_sasken123 the easiest option is placement, ie you can manually place the inverters far away (and fix their location) which would give you long delay because of routing. You can also try directed routing but this is more complicated.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos