UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant bjackson_ost
Participant

Over-riding constraints

Jump to solution

I'm currently using Vivado 2017.3.1. I designed a DDR controller using the IP Catalog. I understand that the tool generates corresponding XDC files for clock frequency and pin locations. I instantiate the DDR controller in a top-level design that has its own constraints. The issue I'm encountering is that I need to re-assign most of the pic locations that the tool generated for DDR controller. In my Synthesis window, I do the pin re-assignments. But, when I re-run synthesis, I get critical warnings that there are pin conflicts associated with the DDR controller.  For example, the tool assigned location A3 to a specific port but I re-assigned that same pin to location B4. The critical warning basically says I can't assign pin B4 because the port is already assigned to A3. It looks like Vivado pulled in the XDC files for the DDR controller. 

Would I need to manually modify the XDC of the DDR controller itself to rectify this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Over-riding constraints

Jump to solution

Hi @bjackson_ost,

Please check page 104 of UG896 on how to override IP XDC constraints.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Over-riding constraints

Jump to solution

Hi @bjackson_ost,

Please check page 104 of UG896 on how to override IP XDC constraints.

0 Kudos