UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voyager
Voyager

PULLUP constraint isn't added to constraints.xdc

Jump to solution

Hello,

When I change Pull Type for a particular pin and then click to Save, I'm requested to rerun synthesis.

To my surprise this action doesn't change the content of the constraints.xdc and after synthesis is finished I see that Pull Type for this pin keeps its previous (default) value.

Any comments ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: PULLUP constraint isn't added to constraints.xdc

Jump to solution

What you changed about any property of a subject in the netlist will be saved to your target XDC file after you click on "save constraints" button.

You don't need to wait for Synthesis to complete to check if your change takes effect.

You can check your target XDC and see if the modified property is saved to it before you rerun Synthesis.

-vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
2 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

After another nth attempt it finally worked.

I'm wondering is there a magic action sequence for processing these .xdc files.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

What you changed about any property of a subject in the netlist will be saved to your target XDC file after you click on "save constraints" button.

You don't need to wait for Synthesis to complete to check if your change takes effect.

You can check your target XDC and see if the modified property is saved to it before you rerun Synthesis.

-vivian

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!