UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor faizan.sayed
Visitor

RTL and Gate Simulation mismatch(netlist generated with Vivado 2018.xx version)

Jump to solution

Hi,

we are seeing mismatches between RTL simulation and Gate simulations(Vivado generated netlists). lib_original_rtl.PNGoriginal_rtl.PNG

RTL and Gate sims are matching until line number 442, but they are mismatching from line number 446 onward. re_carr_offset_in is OK , but somehow , re_carr_offset_in_reg is mismatching in gatesims. We are seeing 0x3FE42 in RTL, whereas we are seeing 0xE42 in gatesims.  

We have tried the below fix, and tried synthesis and gatesims again, then it is working, both RTL and gatesims are matching.working_rtl_fix.PNG 

Can you please take a look?

Regards,

Faizan Sayed

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor faizan.sayed
Visitor

Re: RTL and Gate Simulation mismatch(netlist generated with Vivado 2018.xx version)

Jump to solution

Product Application Engineers fom Xilinx were able to reproduce this issue and considered this as BUG. they have file CR#1020580 and communicated that this will be solved in upcoming Xilinx Vivado 2019.1 and through pathches in 2018.x.

9 Replies
Scholar richardhead
Scholar

Re: RTL and Gate Simulation mismatch(netlist generated with Vivado 2018.xx version)

Jump to solution

We cant take a look without you posting the code. A picture doesnt give us the whole code.

Where does clk_80 come from? is it a logic generated clock? does your design meet your timing requirements?

0 Kudos
Visitor faizan.sayed
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi @richardhead,

Yes the timings are met and this is our Legacy code proven on ASIC and Xilinx Virtex 6 FPGA with synopsis synplify pro synthesis + ISE 14.7 PnR earlier.
somehow this issue is reported if i use Vivado tool for Synthesis.

Note: i have migrated to ultra-scale(VCU108 platform now)  and i have also tried multiple strategies for synthesis in vivado.

From the Xilinx side, I am trying to understand what Vivado tool is doing and why this issue occurring in the Vivado 2018.x(tested with 2018 version) and if this is not reported then i would report this as Bug so that they correct in next revision.

Also the fix what is working, is not satisfactory... if we split the same signal in mapping, it works but when whole signals is mapped, errors are introduced (verified using RTL Simulation and Gate Simulation).

Regards,

Faizan Sayed 

0 Kudos
Scholar richardhead
Scholar

Jump to solution

Without the code (or even better, a stand alone test case), it will be difficult for anyone to investigate.

0 Kudos
Visitor faizan.sayed
Visitor

Jump to solution

@syedz Greetings!

will you be able to help us in this issue?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@faizan.sayed

If you are able to find the signal resulting in incorrect logic, then try to apply DONT_TOUCH attribute to stop optimizations on/around that signal and see if functionality matches. 

If the attribute is not helpful for your issue, then please share the RTL file and testbench for us to debug.

Thanks
Anusheel 

0 Kudos
Visitor faizan.sayed
Visitor

Jump to solution

sure @anusheel

ok I'll try with attribute dont_touch, and come back to you.

regards,

Faizan Sayed

0 Kudos
Visitor faizan.sayed
Visitor

Jump to solution

Filed Service Request for this issue. SR#10456912

Product Application Engineers fom Xilinx arelooking into this issue.

0 Kudos
Visitor faizan.sayed
Visitor

Jump to solution

Product Application Engineers fom Xilinx were able to reproduce this issue and considered this as BUG. they have file CR#1020580 and communicated that this will be solved in upcoming Xilinx Vivado 2019.1 and through pathches in 2018.x.

Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Can someone provide a link to the patch that resulted from this post?  I don't see it in AR#70644.

ken

0 Kudos