Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hgleamon1
Teacher
Teacher

[Synth 8-1771] for encrypted IP

Jump to solution

Vivado 2019.1, EtherCAT v3.00 IP

My colleague created a Block Design IP for an encrypted EtherCAT IP. He can synthesise, implement and generate a bitstream. I cannot.

The IP is in a common ip_repo that my project is pointing to. The correct license for the encryption is available and checks out correctly from Vivado License Manager.

My attempts to synthesise are fruitless with a [Synth 8-1771] error, even though the VHDL file it wants is available on the correct path (but is an encrypted file).

I am aware of path length restrictions and have followed AR#52787 but without any success - no matter how long or short the path name is, it always fails with this issue and I can't find any other forums-based explanation as to why this might be failing. There are, in fact, other IP with longer pathnames in the project that have no problems.

I would very much appreciate some pointers on this issue.

----------
"That which we must learn to do, we learn by doing." - Aristotle
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @hgleamon1 ,

Being encrypted third-party IP, EtherCAT IP needs RSA decryption keys in order to decrypt IP core sources. These keys are missing in your system hence you are observing this problem. You may contact vendor of this IP to get the key. If you already have decryption keys, you need to install them by seeking assistance from IP vendor. Hope this helps. 

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @hgleamon1 ,

Can you share runme.log file for synthesis run of this IP?

Regards,
Ashish
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
0 Kudos
hgleamon1
Teacher
Teacher

@ashishd 

as attached.

----------
0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @hgleamon1 ,

Being encrypted third-party IP, EtherCAT IP needs RSA decryption keys in order to decrypt IP core sources. These keys are missing in your system hence you are observing this problem. You may contact vendor of this IP to get the key. If you already have decryption keys, you need to install them by seeking assistance from IP vendor. Hope this helps. 

Regards,
Ashish

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
hgleamon1
Teacher
Teacher

Excuse my ignorance but how is this different to having the license file? I don't really understand what RSA keys are.

Clearly then my colleague has these keys but I do not .. ?

----------
0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @hgleamon1 ,

These keys are separately needed so that Vivado will be able to decrypt the encrypted source files whereas license file enables you to make use of this IP in Vivado flow.

Regards,
Ashish