Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

[Synth 8-196] conditional expression could not be resolved to a constant

456.PNG

123.PNG

Above is my program,the following error code appears when I synthesize.

[Synth 8-196] conditional expression could not be resolved to a constant 

I use Vivado 2018.3.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @lactiv7 

Can you please attach rtl file here instead of code snippet. It would help to understand issue more clearly.

-Shreyas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Hi  @aher  this is my rtl code.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @lactiv7 

The project you have attached only has top.v RTL file. Please also add RTL file to reproduce the issue you have mentioned.

Regards,

Shreyas

Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Scholar
Scholar

Yes, please use the "insert" code tag button on the forums and paste text files showing a small example.  It's much easier for us to help you that way.

But the short answer, you need to use the "+:", and "-:" range/width selectors in verilog, instead of the variable MSB:LSB that you're doing.

There's been much written about the above - but it's a difficult search term/expression. Dig around some, and let us know if your stilling having trouble.  Folks can dig up more pointers for you if neccesary.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

sorry,this is my complete rtl code

0 Kudos