Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forsterjan
Visitor
Visitor

Synthesis Error: INTERNAL_ERROR:Xst:cmain.c:3423:1.29 - Process will terminate

Hi,

I started synthesizing my design for a Virtex 5 LX330 in ISE 14.3 & 14.4 and after a few minutes I got the following strange error without any further description:

INTERNAL_ERROR:Xst:cmain.c:3423:1.29 - Process will terminate

Any ideas what leads to this error?

Jan

0 Kudos
15 Replies
debrajr

As you are using V-5, try using -use_new_parser yes switch in XST Command Line Option. Read http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/40377.htm for more info.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
forsterjan
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I already tried the -use_new_parser switch in the command line options. The error is always at the same point, the advanced hdl synthesis, but it occurs independantly of a special file.

0 Kudos
forsterjan
Visitor
Visitor

Hi together,

I solved the problem setting the "-keep_hierarchy" parameter to soft.

Hope I could help somebody with this information.

0 Kudos
sharonzhang

thank you very much. i met the same problem. now it is solved as your guide.

0 Kudos
evgenis1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

I've got the same xst error while compiling my Zynq 7045 design with PlanAhead. The design is based on PCIe TRD for zc706 board. XST "broke" after I made a few minor changes in the XPS system.

Unfortunately, setting "-keep_hierarchy soft" didn't fix the issue. And of course, I validated that the setting took effect in the SRP file.

Thanks,

Evgeni

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
achutha
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Evgeni,

Do you still see the issue?
Can you please share the srp report file?

Thanks,
Ram
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
evgenis1
Advisor
Advisor

I certainly do see the issue.

Attached is the report. I removed all paths and module names from it.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
achutha
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Thanks for providing the report.

I see that the internal error is caused during the optimization of "trace_control_interface" module , is this IP in the EDK system or an separate module .

Is it possible to comment(not to use in the project,synthesis translate on/off can also be used) the "trace_control_interface" module and run the synthesis and see if you still see the issue. 

The above test will let us know if "trace_control_interface" module is the root cause of this issue.

regards,

Ram

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
evgenis1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Ram,

Thanks for taking a look at this issue.

Actually, I opened a case with Xilinx Tech Support on this issue. They have the entire project, and hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

Thanks,

Evgeni

0 Kudos
sathho99

I use ISE 14.6 and "-keep_hierarchy" = soft. did not work for me.
0 Kudos
viviany
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If no easy solution (-use_new_parser yes or any other synthesis options) for this, you have to refer to AR40377 and follow the debugging steps in it.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/40377.htm

Thanks

Vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos
achutha
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Are you still seeing the Internal Error ?

Regards,

Achutha

0 Kudos
khs8391
Visitor
Visitor

I always try all things.. But, it is happend always 

"Process will terminate. For technical support on this issue, please open a WebCase with this project attached at http://www.xilinx.com/support.  "

anybody help me please... I am very hard time..

I add .syr file

0 Kudos
syedz

@khs8391,

Please share the ISE archive project to debug the issue and provide you the solution for same.

Since you are using Zynq device, Is it possible to run synthesis in Vivado?

From the shared synthesis log file, check if the below similar forums threads are helpful:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Synthesis/Synthesize-stops-with-aborting-GetDataRange/td-p/221715

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Synthesis/XST-fails-synthesis-without-errors-for-some-types-of-FPGAs/td-p/546941

--Syed

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
0 Kudos
anusheel

@khs8391

As you are using 7series device, you need not to use -use_new_parser switch, tool will automatically pick it.

Also, are you using any multi-dimensional arrays in your design? Can you try to narrow down to one RTL file?

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos