UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer dkartis2
Observer

Synthesis Report not Updating after Successive Runs

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm using ISE 14.4 and it has been working fine, but now when I run synthesis on my design, the report in the design summary doesn't update.  It keeps an old report and time generated in the "Design Summary".  In the console window, I see the correct report.  The problem is that when I try to map, it uses the top component that was used in the old report, which has too many outputs so it reports that too many IOBs are used for the device and the old report shows the wrong top module name.  

I've tried to close and reopen ISE, but that didn't work so I restarted my PC and rerun synthesis to no avail.  I didn't do anything out of the ordinary to trigger this, just rerun synthesis. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer dkartis2
Observer

Re: Synthesis Report not Updating after Successive Runs

Jump to solution

Looks like the problem has fixed itself after repeatedly switching top modules and synthesizing my design.  I'll accept this as the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Observer dkartis2
Observer

Jump to solution

UPDATE: When I reselect the component that shows up in the old report as the top module again, the design summary updates, but when I select my actual top component, the synthesis report in the Design Summary window reverts back to the old date and time.  Hope this provides some more insight. 

0 Kudos
Observer dkartis2
Observer

Jump to solution

Looks like the problem has fixed itself after repeatedly switching top modules and synthesizing my design.  I'll accept this as the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos