UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Synthesis failed without any messege

Jump to solution

Hi, m currently using vivado 2018.2 in windows 10 (home) Os. And already I run vivado as an administrator mode .

Whenever a I run Synthesis on any design (including the Vivado example designs) and after Synthesis completes, the project status is showing that Synthesis failed without any error or message.

Can anybody help!!

ASAP

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Synthesis failed without any messege

Jump to solution

First, Windows 10 Home edition is not officially supported. I'm not sure if your problem has something to do with the operating system.

Second, would you post the screenshot of the Vivado GUI when the error occurred? Would you attach the Synthesis log file?

If you run Synthesis in command line mode in a "command prompt" window (not in Vivado GUI), will the same issue occur?

-vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

First, Windows 10 Home edition is not officially supported. I'm not sure if your problem has something to do with the operating system.

Second, would you post the screenshot of the Vivado GUI when the error occurred? Would you attach the Synthesis log file?

If you run Synthesis in command line mode in a "command prompt" window (not in Vivado GUI), will the same issue occur?

-vivian

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Hi @h_upadhyay ,

Also, make sure there is no space in between two letters in your project directory paths and also with your machine name.  

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi @viviany ,Thanks for replay 

here, m atteching synthesis log file and Screenshot of ERROR (GUI).

in vivado project .run folder there are 3 error(.rst) file also has been generated. 

1) .vivado.begin.rst

2) .vivado.error.rst

3) .vivado.synthesis.queue.rst

which is have a  0kb size.

and also one thing is it license related problem ?? Bcz in my sir's PC its worked totally fine, even though generated bitstream also. 

I hope you got my problem  :)

syn.PNG
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

hi @hemangd  please check my Screenshot and runme.log file. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @h_upadhyay,

Sent a private message to you here. Please check.

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @h_upadhyay , 

Is your original issue (synthesis failed without any message )resolved after providing two commands? If yes, then close this thread by marking it as an accepted solution. 

And, create new thread for further queries/questions.

Regards,
hemangd

0 Kudos
Teacher drjohnsmith
Teacher

Jump to solution

there ar eplenty of waring error messages there,

The one in that screen capture is you do not have a big enough part to connect that IP into.

You need a bigger chip or a smaller number of IO on the IP.

I'd always suggest you simulate first as well, thoug that would not have found this problem, it will find many others befoe you wait for the synthesis to fail.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos