UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant ultragreen
Participant

Synthesis process stucks after 2 hours xx mins

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I am facing this  issue  from last few days, The design starts synthesizing and after completing 2 hours it gets stuck, it does not give  any critical warning or errors, no addition in log file and even after many hours the elapsed time shows 2 hours 08 mins. I killed the process and ran it thrice, but every time , after synthesizing 2 hours and few mins - no updation in log files and elapsed time stuck at the same value although other windows of vivado are active and I can access them. for further clarification, Please find the attached snapshots.

Thanks

synth_process1.PNG
synth_process2.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Synthesis process stucks after 2 hours xx mins

Jump to solution

@ultragreen

As a rule of thumb disable multi threading whenever you get any crash issues. Refer below link:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/52905.html

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/50345.html

In which phase synthesis engine was stuck? Share the synthesis log here. Also, did you try the -flatten_hierarchy to "none"  before launching the synthesis?

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @ultragreen,

Can you try with a different synthesis strategy?

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
are you able to synthesis other designs. check with other code . if designing failing with all the code it may be installation issue.

Update your Vivado version with Vivado 2016.2 release

You may share your project so i can run locally here
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Participant ultragreen
Participant

Jump to solution

I won't be able to share the project, but I am trying with other synthesis strategy. 

Also I am trying to run on different server. 

Also I wanted to ask, if there any problem with the design, shouldn't it be throwing some error or warining ?

If the changing strategy and server doesn't work then I will try installing 2016 version.

Please let me know if anything else I can try .

Thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @ultragreen,

Which version of Vivado are you using?

Changing the strategy to the default one is usually a good thing to try first. So we will wait to see if you can complete the synthesis with this set.

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Participant ultragreen
Participant

Jump to solution
vivado 2015.4.1
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@ultragreen

As a rule of thumb disable multi threading whenever you get any crash issues. Refer below link:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/52905.html

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/50345.html

In which phase synthesis engine was stuck? Share the synthesis log here. Also, did you try the -flatten_hierarchy to "none"  before launching the synthesis?

Thanks,
Anusheel
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos

Participant ultragreen
Participant

Jump to solution

I set it as rebuild. It was getting stuck on different phases every time. But the problem got resolved as I moved my design to different server. It looks like some memory issue in that machine. Thanks

0 Kudos