Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Synthesis stuck at one place

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

My design synthesis is stuck at the following message place. Even after over night its still running. I took this design and ran in other system. In that it was completes the synthesis. I uninstalled and re-installed the vivado 15.4 tool in my system. But the issue is not solved. Even, already bit file generated design also stuck in this place. 

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh.M

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start Part Resource Summary
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part Resources:
DSPs: 900 (col length:140)
BRAMs: 1090 (col length: RAMB18 140 RAMB36 70)
Finished Part Resource Summary
INFO: [Synth 8-5580] Multithreading enabled for synth_design using a maximum of 2 processes.
Start Parallel Synthesis Optimization : Time (s): cpu = 00:06:58 ; elapsed = 00:07:09 . Memory (MB): peak = 1058.207 ; gain = 887.441

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer
Observer

Hi,

My problems was solved. Initially i uninstalled and re-installed the vivado tool. Though my problem was not solved and finally changed my OS(same windows version). Now my design is completely running to end. 

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh.M

Part Resources:
INFO: [Synth 8-5580] Multithreading enabled for synth_design using a maximum of 2 processes.
Start Parallel Synthesis Optimization : Time (s): cpu = 00:27:46 ; elapsed = 00:28:16 . Memory (MB): peak = 1959.164 ; gain = 1788.453
Start Cross Boundary Optimization
WARNING: [Synth 8-3917] design Top_Eth_Design has port sfp_tx_disable driven by constant 0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Your design using pretty high number of BRAMs . Are you sure you really need that much number of BRAMs. It may issue with your coding style .

I would recommend you to use Block Memory generator IP or use language template for BRAM inference and try synthesis again

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Scholar
Scholar

Hi,

If your synthesis process isn't clean, then it would be meaningless to proceed to Impl.

You message contains very little info so as to guess the problem origin.

I see that you use DSPs and BRAMs. Are you instantiating Xilinx primitives for them or are they being inferred by the synth tool from your RTL?

You can recheck your RTL, the part where these memories are described/instiantiated.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer
HI, The same design is running in other system.

Regards
Rajesh M

Start Part Resource Summary
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part Resources:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start Parallel Synthesis Optimization : Time (s): cpu = 01:23:08 ; lapsed = 01:24:28 . Memory (MB): peak = 1959.477 ; gain = 1788.723
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: [Synth 8-3917] design Top_Eth_Design has port sfp_tx_disable driven by constant 0
INFO: [Synth 8-5545] ROM "refclk_stable_count" won't be mapped to RAM because address size (32) is larger than maximum supported(25)
0 Kudos

Hi @rajesh.zoho

Looks like issue is specific to your machine. Which OS you are using? Is that supported one?

Try enabling multithreading based on the no. of processors you have. Refer link below, page 7:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_3/ug904-vivado-implementation.pdf

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Hi, This is my system configuration. The design is complied two days before. facing this problem from yesterday. 

System.PNG
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
You may share your design so we can run at our end . This seems your local machine issue
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos

Hi @rajesh.zoho

1. Can you try by applying tcl command "set_param general.maxThreads 8”  and then rerun the synthesis?

2. Also are you running synthesis with number jobs 8? If not, try with 8. 

now1.JPG

3. Also provide Vivado.log and provide synthesis log file if it completes on other machine. 

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Observer
Observer
Hi,
I already mentioned, its was completely running in my test system. it was not design problem. may be vivado 15.4 tool or my system.

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh.M
0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Hi,

My problems was solved. Initially i uninstalled and re-installed the vivado tool. Though my problem was not solved and finally changed my OS(same windows version). Now my design is completely running to end. 

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh.M

Part Resources:
Start Parallel Synthesis Optimization : Time (s): cpu = 00:27:46 ; elapsed = 00:28:16 . Memory (MB): peak = 1959.164 ; gain = 1788.453

View solution in original post

0 Kudos