Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aherson
Contributor
Contributor

Vivado 2014.4 PROJECT_PARAM.PART

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am having a hard time with the Vivado 2014.4 migration.  I am stuck on four instances of:

[IP_Flow 19-2232] Current project options are not valid, cannot get 'PROJECT_PARAM.PART'

[IP_Flow 19-2232] Current project options are not valid, cannot get 'PROJECT_PARAM.PART'

When I search with a text editor for "PROJECT_PARAM" in *.xci files, I get no hits.

Any suggestions?

(BTW I succesfully migrated from 2014.1 to 2014.3 just 3 weeks ago...)

(Project mode, KUS 040 in the 1156 package)

Thank You,

A

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aherson
Contributor
Contributor

Quick update:  I had to regenerate all IP within the tool to get this to work.  Seems I am over the hill now.

Root cause is unfound...

Thanks,

A

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

What is the exact part you are using?

Can you run report IP status from Tools --> report--> report IP status and attach the snapshot here?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
aherson
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Here is my IP status.  All are up to date and current to xcku040-ffva1156-2-e

All but 5 are Xilinx IP.  And, I am seeing 4 errors.  Could this be an OOC thing?

Thanks,
A

4-IP_errors.PNG
IP_Status.PNG
0 Kudos
aherson
Contributor
Contributor

here is some more info from the logs.

Thanks,

A

4-IP_errors_more_info.PNG
0 Kudos
aherson
Contributor
Contributor

and another note:

IP Settings -> Refresh All generates these errors every time.

(and also, recreating the BD from scratch does not solve the issue).

Thank You,

A

0 Kudos
aherson
Contributor
Contributor

Quick update:  I had to regenerate all IP within the tool to get this to work.  Seems I am over the hill now.

Root cause is unfound...

Thanks,

A

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
gyifan
Visitor
Visitor

I got the same issue. But I think I have found the cause. 

In the Project Settings -> IP Repositories, please make sure you didn't include a project that sources other IPs. For example, if you have Project_A and IP_B in directory BASE. And Project_A uses IP_B and have copied B.xml to Project_A.src/. Then Vivado would have this issue if you set the Repositories to BASE. I think it is because Vivado sees two copy of B.xml and got confused. 

Hope this would help someone. 

Yifan

mvisser
Observer
Observer

Thanks, it did point me in the right direction.
In my case, the IP Repository folder had been booked into git and updating it from the server pulled in references to a part that did not exist in the version of Vivado that I am using. Deleting those locally resolved the issue.

0 Kudos