UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Vivado 2016.4 [Synth 8-27] wor declaration not supported

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Vivado 2016.4 [Synth 8-27] wor declaration not supported

I'm trying to use a wired-or to tie together outputs from several different modules.  However this does not seem to be supported in Vivado 2016.4 Synthesis.  Is there a way to get this to work?  If not, is there a way to work around this?  I am just trying to tie a bus to all 0's as a default that the wired-or will override with any ones put on the bus by individual modules.

Accepted Solutions
Scholar

Re: Vivado 2016.4 [Synth 8-27] wor declaration not supported

ISE supported this fine, and we used it extensively.  It is quite synthesizable - no issues at all.

We asked Xilinx to add this support BACK into Vivado.  They added the support BACK in to Vivado sometime in the 2015 timeframe, but default turned off.

To turn on this support, add the following to your synthesis build script.

set_param synth.elaboration.rodinMoreOptions "rt::set_parameter compatibilityMode true"

I'm not sure why Xilinx hasn't turned this on by default.

Regards,

Mark

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

I'm pretty sure that any form of wired signal resolution doesn't work with FPGA synthesis. You'll need to join your signals with an explicit OR somewhere.

After all, FPGAs don't implement the ability to drive any internal signal from more than one source at any one time.

this is not supported . refer this ARs
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/65406.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Scholar

ISE supported this fine, and we used it extensively.  It is quite synthesizable - no issues at all.

We asked Xilinx to add this support BACK into Vivado.  They added the support BACK in to Vivado sometime in the 2015 timeframe, but default turned off.

To turn on this support, add the following to your synthesis build script.

set_param synth.elaboration.rodinMoreOptions "rt::set_parameter compatibilityMode true"

I'm not sure why Xilinx hasn't turned this on by default.

Regards,

Mark