UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jcarlos
Visitor

Vivado 2018.3 not functioning duing synthesis.

Jump to solution

I recently installed Vivado 2018.3 using the single image download (firewall issues at work prevented a web install to function properly).  The install seemed to complete with no issues.  The application runs and I am able to construct block designs, add ip bloacks.  The desin also validates, but when I go to next phase synthesis and implementation it never completes.  The staus indicator in the upper right hand corner just keeps spinning.  It is a simple design used to test the instalation.  Our IT depertment has a fair amount of constraints on our work computers but I have full access and permissions on the installation folder of Vivado.

Could someone tell me if they have encountered this issue?  Possable fix?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Vivado 2018.3 not functioning duing synthesis.

Jump to solution

After you reset the output products and regenerate the block design, are there any warning or critical warnings in the log tab?

I noticed that the path to the files is very long. Could you try to reduce the path by putting it on the root directory of C drive and naming the project with a shorter name?

When the project worked well on your laptop, did you put it on a directory with so long a path?

-vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: Vivado 2018.3 not functioning duing synthesis.

Jump to solution

How big is the design, and when you say it "never" completes - how long have you waited?

For a big design, taking hours for synthesis is not unreasonable.

0 Kudos
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Jump to solution

@jcarlos,

Could someone tell me if they have encountered this issue? Possable fix?

Have you constrainted your design properly?

Improperly constrained designs also take long time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor jcarlos
Visitor

Jump to solution

All it is 2 input ports, the clk_wiz, and one output port.  The exact design on my peronal laptop works fine.  The time to do full implementation is only a few minutes.  On my work PC I wait over an hour and it never completes.  I watch on task manager and none of the other tasks are spawned.  Only vre.exe but nothing else.  Very little cpu time is consumed.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

In what exact phase did the process hang? You can take a look at the Log tab at the bottom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor jcarlos
Visitor

Jump to solution

Could I be missing a synthesis license?  I saw on a post github a similar problem and the response was missing sysnthsis license.  I installed using the all OS installer single file download.

0 Kudos
Visitor jcarlos
Visitor

Jump to solution

error.JPG

error.JPG
0 Kudos
Visitor jcarlos
Visitor

Jump to solution

clicking regenerate file doesn't solve the problem.  The missing files are never generated?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

If it's due to license, the hang phase would be in obtaining license.

How did you regenerate the files? Have you tried to reset output products and regenerate the block design from scratch?

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor jcarlos
Visitor

Jump to solution

Tried what you suggested.  Still not all file are generated. 

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Visitor jcarlos
Visitor

Jump to solution

These are the missing files:

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

After you reset the output products and regenerate the block design, are there any warning or critical warnings in the log tab?

I noticed that the path to the files is very long. Could you try to reduce the path by putting it on the root directory of C drive and naming the project with a shorter name?

When the project worked well on your laptop, did you put it on a directory with so long a path?

-vivian

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor jcarlos
Visitor

Jump to solution

I had thought about changing directories but thought since some files where being created why wouldn't all files be created?  Thank you for the suggestion.

0 Kudos