cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado 2019.1 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION when trying to open synth_1

Greetings.

I am getting the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION when I try to open up my completed synthesis run. The design is rather large (Virtex Ultrascale+ VU37P) and has a very big block design. I'm not sure how to debug this issue. I've attached the debug logs / dmp files it generates. It is pretty frustrating.

Upgrading to a newer version of Vivado is something I cannot do (company restricted).

Any help would be appreciated.

Windows 10 OS, 64GB RAM

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI @eaj8181 

Since you have a BD design, there must be OOC runs for the IP's used in BD. Can you try changing the output product generation from per BD to per IP or vice versa and then try opening the design.

I suspect that the tool is crashing when it is trying to read checkpoint for one of the IP's, and using the above method we can confirm if that is the case.

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Can you elaborate on what you would like me to try? I think at the moment the IP are all set to per IP. I'm not sure I understand how to change that.

pic.png

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

When I ran Vivado in non-project flow by stopping the GUI, it allowed me to open the run. Afterwards I tried to run the timing summary and it crashed again. Another dump file.

Is something else more serious going on with the tools?

0 Kudos