UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Vivado active netlists limit

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Vivado active netlists limit

Hello everybody,

Whenever I try to Synthesize my design I get the following error:

[Common 17-70] Application Exception: Number of active netlists exceeds limit (255)

I looked everywhere I could, but I didn't find any information about what does this limit mean, and how to avoid this error.
Is this "active netlists limit" just a limitation of the software, or is it related to the capacity of the FPGA I'm using? Is there any way to avoid it, or do I have to redo my design in order to reduce the number of netlists?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Jordi

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado active netlists limit

Which Vivado version are you using?

Are you using a lot netlists (EDIF/NGC) in your design?

In which process did you receive this error? Looks like the error did not happen in Synthesis but at the beginning of Implementation, correct?

Can you post a screenshot of the Vivado GUI when this error occurs?

Thanks

Vivian

View solution in original post

All Replies
Xilinx Employee

Which Vivado version are you using?

Are you using a lot netlists (EDIF/NGC) in your design?

In which process did you receive this error? Looks like the error did not happen in Synthesis but at the beginning of Implementation, correct?

Can you post a screenshot of the Vivado GUI when this error occurs?

Thanks

Vivian

Problem solved!

I was using Vivado 2016.4, WebPACK version. Then I installed Vivado 2017.1 and applied the License for the Desing Editions version, and the problem just vanished, without modifying anything on the design.

Thanks
Jordi