UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voyager
Voyager

Vivado keeps restarting sythesis

I am using 2018.3 but this was also happening in 2018.2. I start synthesis and it completes. I then start implementation and it runs and completes. But then says that synthesis and implementation are out of date. So if I start the bitsream gen, it starts synthesis again. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Never had this issue in the past. Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Vivado keeps restarting sythesis

@beandigital

Is it possible you have some unsaved file/resource like a constraint? after the file is saved, the design will report as out of date.

0 Kudos

Hi,
You can quick check this with small Vivado example design.
Open example design --> Run Synthesis, Implementation and Bitstream generation (Without making any changes meanwhile the process or in between the process). You should not see that the runs are out of date.

Also sometimes (corner cases) file contamination cause this issue for example Vivado project generate .Xil folder at PWD. If you invoke 2 Vivado at same location and run in parallel there might be some issue due to in-memory file changes.

Can you please validate the usage using Vivado example and let us know the results?

Thanks,
Yash
0 Kudos

@beandigital

Is there any hook script or any other script which is modifying the design? Generally, tool doesn't flag any run as out of date unless there are some real changes in the design. 

You can also force up-to-date them by using:

set_property needs_refresh false [get_runs synth_1]
set_property needs_refresh false [get_runs impl_1]

Thanks
Anusheel

0 Kudos