UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

XPS 8.2.02 BSP generation error

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a "permission denied" problem when I try to generate libraries and BSP for my base system in XPS.

ISE: 8.2i

XPS: 8.2.02i

In XPS, when I click Software->Generate Libraries and BSPs, I get the following screen:

XPS_bsp_error.png

Does anyone know the solution for this?

Thanks and Regards,
Berk

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: XPS 8.2.02 BSP generation error

Jump to solution

The problem was a missing environment variable. So just in case anyone is facing the same problem:

1) Right Click on "My Computer" => Properties => Advanced Tab => Environment Variables

2) Under "System variables", click New.

3) Type "CYGWIN" for the Variable name and "nontsec" for the Variable value.

4) Restart XPS so that it can recognize the change you just made.

After that, your LibGen should stop throwing the "Permission denied" error.

And to all Xilinx guys, I could not find any guiding answer records on this topic nor anybody replied to me on these forums, although I described the problem thorougly. Your statement was that the forums are good enough so there is no need in maintaining the webcase service if I am not mistaken. As paying customers, we would like to have more support than this.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I have assigned administrator rights to the suggested directories in AR#21652 as well as to my project directory. The problem is still there. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

The problem was a missing environment variable. So just in case anyone is facing the same problem:

1) Right Click on "My Computer" => Properties => Advanced Tab => Environment Variables

2) Under "System variables", click New.

3) Type "CYGWIN" for the Variable name and "nontsec" for the Variable value.

4) Restart XPS so that it can recognize the change you just made.

After that, your LibGen should stop throwing the "Permission denied" error.

And to all Xilinx guys, I could not find any guiding answer records on this topic nor anybody replied to me on these forums, although I described the problem thorougly. Your statement was that the forums are good enough so there is no need in maintaining the webcase service if I am not mistaken. As paying customers, we would like to have more support than this.

0 Kudos