cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buildingmagic
Visitor
Visitor

XST Not including partitions.

Hi guys, I have a large project that includes a couple partitions, one of them being the PCIE core as a sub of the main partition.  We normally do all our work in the gui, but I decided I wanted to create a batch file to just automate the flow after everything was set up.  I am encountering problems where running xst isn't recognizing the partitions from our build.  I recognize that you cant create partitions in batch mode but was hoping that it would respect existing partitions.  Here is my command line.

xst - intstyle  xflow -ifn design.xst -ofn designsum.syr

ngdbuild -instyle xflow -dd_ngo -nt timestamp -p xc5vsx95t-ff11362 -uc design_v5sx95t.ucf design design.ngd

^ - Critical Part  

I read in the option that the design name could be .ngc which is genearted from the xst. 

Quick note about my partitions

- "design.ngc" is the main partition

- "design/pcie.ngc" is the sub partition.

Now in the gui these show up in the syr but ran in batch mode no partitions show up.  If i change design to "design.ngc" then the main partition is listed

in the design summary however it errors in the ngdbuild because it says it my partition is instanced but not found int he user heirarchy.  Any ideas on how I can get the pcie to show up in the summary when ran in batch mode?

I have played with inputting -ise design.ise as part of the options in ngdbuild with no success, it will error in the ngdbuil mode saying it cannot find the partitions. Thanks for any of the help guys!

Regards,

BuildingMagic

0 Kudos
2 Replies
buildingmagic
Visitor
Visitor

However looking at another thread, it appears I may have no choice but to use tcl scripts if I want sub partitions to show up?

Also another question about ngdbuild.  It says in the options of ngdbuild if i use -ise design.ise included, that the .ise file has the necessary information regarding partitions.  However if these are not generated int he xst command line i am not sure what good this would do?  Any ideas?

Message Edited by buildingmagic on 11-13-2009 03:57 PM
0 Kudos
katem
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

There are two things that need to be on the command line.  -intstyle ise.  This is the only intstyle that is supported.  You also need a -ise switch to point to an existing ProjNav project file with Partitions.  See if that helps out.

Kate

0 Kudos