cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

ZCU111 MTS Example Design Synthesis Stuck

Hello,

I am using Vivado 2018.3 and am trying to build a modified version of the MTS example design. All I have done is add 2 AXI GPIOs to the design, and left everything else alone. When I try to generate the bitstream, the process hangs when synthesizing the "zcu111_rfsoc_trd_usp_rf_data_converter_0_0_synth_1". I have left it running for 48 hours straight over a weekend and it never got past this step.

My synthesis settings are set to default:

gtri-2019_0-1600094843370.png

This is fresh install of Vivado install. Others around me do not have this issue with the same settings and code so I am not to sure what could be wrong. Any design that has this rf_data_converter hangs on synthesis.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

"zcu111_rfsoc_trd_usp_rf_data_converter_0_0_synth_1"

This looks like an IP OOC synth run. Where did you see that it hang at this step?

If it is a run under the IP OOC synth runs in the Design Runs tab, you can find the synthesis log file in the corresponding run folder under xxxx.runs directory. Check the log file to see if there is any error message.

-vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I have looked through the log file for this run and cannot find any errors, only warnings. I attached it to this reply so you can have a look and let me know if there is anything I missed.

I have tried to build this design on 2 different machines, with fairly similar specs, and the full build (synthesis, implementation, and bitstream generation) only takes about 7 hours. Whereas on my machine, I left the build running for over 48 hours and it did not get past this OOC run.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

"TclStackFree: incorrect freePtr. Call out of sequence?"

This is the last line in the log file.

Usually this message indicates an out of memory issue. So please check if your machine had run out of memory when the error occurred. 

-vivian

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@gtri-2019 

If the same design is wokring on other machines and failing on your machine, then this might be a machine specific issue. 
May I know which OS is used? Supported OS with 2018.3:

anusheel_0-1601404791252.png

Thanks
Anusheel 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Here is a snip of the windows version on my machine:

gtri-2019_0-1601480840440.png

0 Kudos