UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

generating DCP from a user managed ip

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

generating DCP from a user managed ip

I am using a 6-lane Aurora 8b10b core in Vivado 2017.2.  I need to assign the lanes to specific GT's, which are different than the default.  With the default, I get errors saying that the QPLLCLK and QPLLREFCLK are not in the right quads.  This is true, but a simple mod to the  multi_gt.vhd file can correct the problem.

I have applied set_property IS_MANAGED false to the IP core, and I was able to modify the file as suggested in

AR# 57546.  However, I cannot regenerate the DCP file.   In the Design Runs tab, it indicates that the core is "using cached IP results"

If I elaborate the design, I still see the original connectivity, without my change.

If I try to regenerate output products, I get a message stating that the core is locked (which it is).

AR# 57546 suggests selecting the IP in the design runs window, and performing "launch runs", however this doesn't seem to be possible in 2017.2.

How can I regenerate the DCP and pick up the change in the core?

Thanks, Ed

Accepted Solutions

Re: generating DCP from a user managed ip

Hi @eflaherty

>>The IP does not have the _synth extension as stated.   I've tried reset_run with and without the extension, but I get this:

reset_run  aurora_core_hub1

ERROR: [Common 17-162] Invalid option value specified for '-run'.

This is happening because your OOC runs are using IP cache results.

Before editing the IP, using IS_MANAGED flow mentioned in UG896 latest, page 108, please try the below steps:

1)In Vivado GUI go to Settings-->IP-->Clear_cache

2) Then in the source window, select the IP and right click-->Reset output products. Then again right click--> Generate output products.

3) Once this is done, please follow the IS_MANAGED flow as per UG896,page 108.

Hope this help.

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies
Visitor

from the latest UG896 pg 108:

5. Re-create the IP output products, including the DCP, as follows:

a. Reset the IP OOC run. This has to be performed using the Tcl Console. Look at the

Design Runs tab in the Out-of-Context Module Runs folder, and find the IP where you

set the IS_MANAGED property to FALSE, with the name <IP_Name>_synth_1.

Execute the following command in the Tcl Console to reset the run:

reset_run <ip_name>_synth_1

The IP does not have the _synth extension as stated.   I've tried reset_run with and without the extension, but I get this:

Any ideas would be welcome....

Hi @eflaherty

>>The IP does not have the _synth extension as stated.   I've tried reset_run with and without the extension, but I get this:

This is happening because your OOC runs are using IP cache results.

Before editing the IP, using IS_MANAGED flow mentioned in UG896 latest, page 108, please try the below steps:

1)In Vivado GUI go to Settings-->IP-->Clear_cache

2) Then in the source window, select the IP and right click-->Reset output products. Then again right click--> Generate output products.

3) Once this is done, please follow the IS_MANAGED flow as per UG896,page 108.

Hope this help.

Regards

Rohit

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Visitor

That worked perfectly!  

Thank you very much.

Regards, 

Ed